The end of the year is coming up quickly, which means now is the time to start scheduling preventive and restorative dental care at Lakewood Smiles Dentistry. By scheduling your appointments now, you can get the most out of your yearly dental benefits.
Get Treatment Before the End of the Year to Maximize Your Annual Benefits
Why should you make sure you get treatment before the end of the year? Because this is the best way to get the most from your dental insurance plan.
Most dental insurance plans have a deductible of between $250-$500. Once you’ve paid this deductible out-of-pocket, your remaining treatments are covered by your insurance plan until you reach your yearly maximum, which is usually around $1,000-$1,500.
However, this resets on January 1st. As soon as the new year begins, your deductible will roll over, and you’ll have to meet it again before your insurance plan pays for treatment.
But if you get all of your dental treatments by the end of the year, you can make sure you meet your yearly maximum, meaning you’ll get the most out of your dental insurance policy!
What Treatments Are Covered by Dental Insurance?
Wondering what treatments are usually covered by dental insurance? Here are some of the most common procedures that you can expect your insurer to pay for.
- Twice yearly teeth cleanings & oral exams – Almost all dental plans cover two annual teeth cleanings and oral exams. Usually, these are completely free, even if you haven’t met your annual deductible yet.
- Annual x-rays – Most dental plans also provide annual x-rays at no out-of-pocket cost.
- Fluoride treatments & dental sealants (kids) – Some dental insurance plans will cover preventive services like fluoride treatments and dental sealants. Usually, this coverage is offered only for children under the age of 18.
- Fillings & crowns – Dental insurance covers most restorative treatments, such as dental fillings and crowns, so you can repair your teeth and fix cavities without paying out-of-pocket.
- Root canal therapy – Root canal therapy to restore infected teeth is covered by most major insurance plans.
- Tooth extractions – If you need a tooth extracted for orthodontic reasons or because it’s too damaged to save, this will usually be covered by your insurance plan.
- Dentures – Dental insurance will typically cover most or all of the cost of partial and full dentures if they are required to restore your smile and replace missing teeth.
For the most part, all dental insurance plans will cover restorative and preventive treatments, like those listed above. Cosmetic treatments, like dental bonding, are usually not covered by insurance.
Note: Your coverage will vary. Make sure you understand your policy and confirm coverage with your insurer before seeking treatment.
Get Treatment Now and Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays!
By getting treatment from Dr. William before the end of the year, you can make the most of your dental benefits and keep your smile healthy throughout the winter holidays.
To learn more and get started at Lakewood Smiles Dentistry, just contact us now at (562) 866-0406, or stop by our office at 5220 Clark Ave, Suite 435, Lakewood, CA 90712. We’re always accepting new patients, and we’d be happy to meet you.