REPAIR DENTAL DAMAGE WITH COMPOSITE FILLINGS
If you recently cracked your tooth, or if your dentist spotted a cavity during your last check up, chances are you may need a filling. Dental fillings are an affordable, gentle way to restore damaged teeth to their natural function and appearance.
100% METAL-FREE FILLINGS
Recently, questions have arisen regarding the safety of amalgam fillings in regards to their mercury content and levels of toxicity. Amalgam fillings are a combination of metals: mercury, silver, copper, tin and on occasion, zinc. At Restore Health Dentistry, Dr. William dedicates herself to gentle dentistry that is deemed safe, reliable and effective. We believe that providing our patients with healthy options for their dental health builds a foundation of trust and allows our patients to feel at ease and confident in their smiles.
BENEFITS OF COMPOSITE FILLINGS
Composite fillings are used to repair chipped, broken or worn teeth, and easily blend in with your natural tooth color – which means no one but your dentist will ever know that the filling is there!
- Affordable Dentistry: Fillings are one of the easiest (and most affordable) methods of preventive dentistry used to protect your teeth.
- Minimally Invasive: Dental fillings require less enamel to be removed than a dental crown or similar restoration, allowing you to preserve more of your natural tooth and keep it healthy for years to come.
- Strength: Fillings are bonded directly to your enamel, strengthening your weakened tooth and making it extremely strong and durable. You can enjoy the added protection of fillings for several years!
- Tooth Sensitivity: Unlike metal fillings, temperature will not be a factor for you, as composite fillings do not conduct heat or become heat sensitive. Composite resin fillings blend in with the appearance of your natural smile and are not immediately spotted like darker, metal ones.
- Prevent damage to the nerve of the tooth
- Limit damage from dental injury or tooth decay
- Reduce the risk of tooth loss
- Encourage easier cleaning of the teeth
First, we start with a local anesthetic to numb the area and make you as comfortable as possible. Next, Dr. William removes the decayed portions of your tooth and roughens the surface slightly so that the composite filling achieves a long-lasting bond.
The composite filling is then adhered to the tooth in small, thin layers, which results in the tooth looking and feeling very natural. A bright light is used to harden the metal-free filling.
Dr. William will then adjust the height of the filling to ensure that your bite remains aligned. Finally, she will polish and smooth the enamel. Your customized composite filling will not only be free of troublesome breaks and chips, it will look completely natural. If you are curious about metal-free fillings give us a call at one of our two locations in Los Alamitos and Lakewood.